Thursday, October 20, 2011

Introductions

     Hello, and welcome to my class blog! I am so glad that I get to meet each one of you, and have the rest of the year to spend teaching you and working with you on writing, reading, and other English Language Arts skills. Together, we will complete many rigorous reading and writing assignments, and have lots different opportunities to share our work. Throughout the year you will work hard reading and writing as you build a portfolio of your work. 
     I want you to know that I am here for you, and will give you all of the tools that you need to be successful both in my class and on the STAAR Test, but it is you who needs to use those tools and work hard in order to earn your success. I will always be available for extra help, and you need to be responsible for scheduling a meeting with me if you would like extra help with something, or if you are falling behind.
     Please take a moment tonight to review my expectations sheet with your parents/guardians at home. Also, make sure that you fill out the bottom portion, and have it signed. This will be your first homework grade, and needs to be returned tomorrow.
      I look forward to each day that we get to spend reading and writing together, and know that we are going to have a great year!

Sincerely,
Mrs. Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment